Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Columbia)



In this story, The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World, relates to the setting of Columbia.  It relates to this setting because of how the people seem to of build their own homes.  What I mean by that is that people in Columbia are pretty poor.  It might bot be their fault, but maybe just the governments, their not the government you expect from as the United States at all.  Also it relates to Columbia because of the ocean setting of where they found this man drowned, Columbia is also known for its beaches and villages.



Journal:
A funeral I would want my family to give me is probably just a typical one but with all my family and friends because that's how it is special.  Other funerals are very similar to the one I am planning to have because thats how it makes a real funeral special.  This story reveals about the Latin America's deaths on how cruel sometimes these areas are and desperate people are, like as in maybe they can't take life anymore.



Felix M.

No comments: